I’m trying to use PSIM to model an Automatic Speed/Voltage Regulator (Control) for an Engine Generator and experimenting with basic topologies.
I have several questions regarding my workflow (which i don’t know if it’s right). My topology consists of :
- a DC motor replacing the thermal engine
- a DC/DC Buck converter to provide the variable DC source for speed adjustements
- a 3-phase Synchronous generator (excitation system for the main alternator)
- a 3-phase Controlled Rectifier to provide the variable field which is fed to the “rotor” of the main Alternator
- a 3-phase Alternator
My questions are :
2) how to achieve whithin PSIM a smooth start to achieve to achieve synchronisation ?
- is it possible to control the terminal alternator voltages by comparing the measured voltages and a reference and adjusting the controlled rectifier thyristors firing angle ?
- How to correctly size each-motor of the motor-drive chain ?